Friday, February 1, 2008

Day 1- Start Your Engines

Good Morning!

So I ventured out for supplies last night, and I think I'm off to a good start. In addition to getting loads of beautiful fresh organic produce (apples, tangelos, bananas, coconut, avocadoes, collard greens, kale, celery, spinach, carrots, lemons... etc...) I got some lovely sundried olives and tomatoes, raw macadamia nuts, raw honey, bee pollen, some lovely raw chocolate from empowered foods, nori sheets... um... a sushi roller, a nut mylk bag, a dry skin brush, a tongue scraper, natural toothpaste, natural floss... fresh turmeric...

Like I said, off to a good start. Here's my basic meal plan for today:

Breakfast
Raw Muesli: 1 apple, 1/2 banana, 5 or 6 walnuts, 2 tablespoons almond pulp (leftover from almond milk) 2 dried apricots and a tablepoon of chia seeds, chopped into fine dice and topped with almond milk, cinnamon and a drizzle of raw honey.

This was quite tasty, although I think tomorrow more banana and walnut, and less apple and almond. It wasn't filling enough, and I ate a few bites of Jesse's that he was eating while he drove me to the train station.

Snack 1
1 Tangelo

Lunch
Marinated Broccoli salad: Chopped Broccoli with shredded carrots & yellow beets, marinated in Bragg's amino acids, sesame oil, macadamia nut oil, ginger and jalapeno. Served over red leaf lettuce with pumpkin seeds and 1/4 a large avocado.

I'm looking forward to this lunch. I left it at room temperature overnight, and the edges of some of the grated beets turned just a teeny bit brown. I'm guessing it's oxidation, and next time, I'll leave it in the fridge. Other than that it looks good though, like a raw stir fry.

Snack 2
Apple, 12 raw almonds

Dinner
Nori Rolls: avocado, carrot, celery, cucumber, spinach, parsley & mint in a sushi wrapper. I haven't decided if I should have a tahini dipping sauce or just braggs. Maybe mix the braggs and tahini together? that sounds pretty good. I'll probably do that.

Snack 3
Green Juice! I drink this all the time already. Celery, apple, spinach, lemon juice. Tastes like lemonade, looks like toxic waste. I'll have to take a photo for you.

Snack 4
Yes, there are 4 planned snacks. You got a problem? 1 wild peanut butter cup from empowered foods. To celebrate the first day.

I feel well, it's Friday, I'm off the whole weekend and it's not raining. This is going to be a good day.

No comments: